12 STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER CHANGE
Photo by Christina Morillo
This post contains affiliate links in which We Mean Career may earn a small commission on your purchase, at no additional cost to you. We only share products or services we personally use and love.
Have you lost interest in your current career or is your company downsizing? Have you found something that interests you a lot more than your current role? Often people find themselves in a situation where the career needs to be changed so here are essential steps you should consider before moving forward.
- Decide if you really need a career change
- Do some research about the skills and knowledge you have and see what careers other people with those same tools have built
- Use career tests to find out what professions fit your personality
- Make a list of occupations to explore
- Explore the occupations on your list
- Narrow down your list
- Conduct informational interviews
- Set your goals
- Write a career action plan
- Train for your new career
- Quit your current job
- Read the book ‘Take the Leap: Change Your Career, Change Your Life‘ by Sara Bliss