BRILLIANT TIPS FOR DEALING WITH A DIFFICULT BOSS
Photo by Hunters Race
This post contains affiliate links in which We Mean Career may earn a small commission on your purchase, at no additional cost to you. We only share products or services we personally use and love.
In an ideal world, we would all have great bosses but what if you got a real lousy one? Well you simply would have to make the best of the situation and get your job done. It would be wise to think about how you can better manage the boss you already have. Check out these brilliant tips on how to deal with a difficult boss.
- Make sure you’re dealing with a bad boss
- Identify your boss’ motivation
- Don’t complain to your boss’s boss
- Talk to your boss
- Speak up and give your boss a chance to respond
- Try to see things through his or her eyes
- Don’t let it affect your work
- Set boundaries
- Test different strategies
- Know their preferences and adapt to them
- Don’t be intimidated, stand tall, never cower!
- Read the book ‘Working with Difficult People‘ by Amy Cooper Hakim & Muriel Solomon